Saint John's Catholic Church Cemetery
Lake Creek Township, Section 21
Bahner, Pettis County, Missouri
In Bahner, on the south side of V, and just west of the church building. Fenced, attended, and currently accepting burials.
Initially this cemetery was for the community of Bahner. It was placed west of property that belonged to St. John Catholic Church. St John was burying its dead in a cemetery to the east that abutts St Paul Lutheran Cemetery. This was abandoned in 1882, and St. John began burying in Bahner Cemetery. As the Bahner community reduced, this German cemetery became known as St. John Cemetery.
Justin Watkins submitted the photographs for this cemetery and an update
Transcription history for this cemetery: LDS: Transcribed by Mrs. Juanita Waggoner, Mrs. Diana Brown, Mrs. Edna Wilson, Mrs. Lucetta Landon, Mrs. Maggie Furnell, and Mrs. Georgia Chancey, 1 Aug 1960. DAR update: published in 1986, covered burials from 1960 to at least 1980. Prairie Gleaner: Transcribed by Gale Yocum, published in vol. 31, nos. 3 (July 2000) and 4 (October 2000). Additional update by Carol, Amy, and Justin Watkins when we visited on 1 Sept 2009 (and also from obits).
Heineman, Elizabeth (1855-1936)|
Moriarity, Julia (1884-1955)
Stuhner, Jacob (1841-1901)|
Zimmerschied, Charles F. (1871-1937)
- Next >>