If you are able to do look-ups, please contact us and let us know your name, email address, the publication(s) you have available for look-ups, and the pertinent county. You aren't limited to the counties that are currently featured here. If you have information for other states and/or counties, we will gladly add a section for you.
While we welcome the contributions and assistance from professional researchers you may not charge for any service rendered as a result of being a volunteer or contributor to this project.
If you have contacted a look-up volunteer and have been asked to pay for research services, please let us know.
Guidelines for Look-Up Volunteers
Please follow these rules when you do look-ups:
- You must be the actual author and copyright holder of the publication, or
- You must be using primary source documents, whether you are going to the courthouse or using your own copies of public domain documents, or
- You must have written permission from the author and/or copyright holder to use their publication for lookups.
Volunteers may be able to make certain limited scope lookups in copyrighted publications under the "fair use" provisions of existing law. Potential volunteers are encouraged to review the explanations of copyright protection, especially the "fair use" provisions. A good source of information is the fair use article available from the United States Copyright office.
Guidelines for Look-Up Requests
- Be sure to mention the name of the book in your request message.
- Limit the scope of your request. Please don't ask for "everything about the Jones family."
- You should not ask, and the volunteer should not offer, to violate copyright laws.