W. L. Hatler, M. D.. now located at Barnett, Morgan County, Mo, has been a resident here since the spring of 1884. He was born in Weakley County, Tenn., in 1851, and is the son of Allien and Reginia (Ritchie) Hatler, both natives, also, of Tennessee. The former was a successful tiller of the soil, and is now a resident of his native State. Dr. W. L. Hatlor passed his boyhood days on the farm, whore he remained until 1878, when he went to Allen County, Ky., and there studied medicine under a preceptor. In the winter of 1879-80 he attended the Nashville Medical College, University of Tennessee. In the spring of 1880 he returned to his preceptor, with whom he practiced his profession until fall, then moving to the town of Oakwood, Monroe County, Ky., where he stayed until February, 1881. Upon going to Salt Lick, Macon County, Tenn., on White Oak Creek, he remained there until in October, 1881, then attending his second course of lectures at the Nashville Medical College. University of Tennessee, where he graduated in February, 1882. He then came West and located at Rocky Mount, Miller County, Mo., and there remained engaged in the active practice of his profession for two years. In March, 1884, he moved to Barnett, Morgan County, Mo., where he has since remained and where he has a good practice. He was married December 27, 1887, to Miss L. E. Taylor, a native of Miller County, Mo. She was born August 4, 1859. She taught school ten years before her marriage. She is a member of the Baptist Church. The Doctor is a member of the A. F. & A. M., and is at present notary public and deputy postmaster at Barnett. In his political views he affiliates with the Democratic party. He is a good, moral, sober man -- gentleman in every respect.
History of Cole, Moniteau, Morgan, Benton, Miller, Maries and Osage Counties, Missouri, Goodspeed Publishing Co., 1889.