Besides the seven schools that are taught in the township the town has a good public school in successful operation, which numbers one hundred and ten pupils, under the superintendency of Miss Dora E.Turner.

No school building has been erected, but it is contemplated to build one soon, which is to have all the conveniences and appliances possessed by the modern school-house. The railroad company has donated a block for a public school building.

Source: "History of Holt and Atchison County, 1882"; Transcribed by Karyn, 2016