Three miles west of Craig, the Evangelical Lutheran Church, a frame building, 22x36 feet in extent, was erected in 1877, at a cost of $400. The congregation was organized with ten members.
This now (1882) includes a membership of twenty-four. The first minister of this church was Rev. C. F. Scholz. He effected the organization and remained in charge till November, 1881, when he was succeeded by the present (1882) pastor, Rev. C. H. Leutsch.
Source: "History of Holt and Atchison County, 1882" transcribed by Karyn Techau, 2016.