The Christian Church of Craig was organized February 4, 1880, by Elder G. B. Mullis, with ten members. Of these, Samuel Peters and H. Laughlin were chosen elders, and E. Davis and Moses Wright were chosen deacons. The other members were Delitha Laughlin, Dal. Laughlin, Sarah J. Wright, Victory Peters, Rachel Collins and Sallie A. Davis. Since the period of the organization of this church there have been added, under the pastorate of Elder W. P. Maupin, their present minister, fifty members.
In the fall of 1881 the congregation purchased the old frame public school building and fitted it up as a house of worship. This they continue to use for that purpose. The organization is in a prosperous condition, and includes a membership of sixty.
Source: "History of Holt and Atchison County, 1882" transcribed by Karyn Techau, 2016.