The German Methodists were organized from the congregation in Oregon, in 1858. In the fall of 1881, they built a frame church 44x28 feet area, with 14 feet ceiling. This is known as Emanuel M. E. Church. It was completed at a cost of about $1,500. The church edifice is about two miles east of the church of the Evangelical Association, and stands on a farm formerly the property of R. Davidson, but now owned by Kramer.
The present congregation was organized by Rev. C. Herrman. January, 1880, with the following members: John Hunnaker and wife, Adam Smith and wife, Charles Hilsenbeck, Martin Yetter, John Planalp, George Hornecker, Fred Kramer, John Kaltenback, William Opal, John Bahler, C- Michel, John Meyer, John Barts, Ulrich Burger and Fred Meister. The wives of the above mentioned were also members of this organization, as was also Mrs. Gottlieb Meyer.
Source: "History of Holt and Atchison County, 1882" transcribed by Karyn Techau, 2016.