The German Reform Church, of Corning, is a small frame building, erected in 1878, at a cost of $900. Rev. T. Miller organized the church with a large membership. This included, with others, Peter Christen and wife, Fred Scheie and wife, Mrs. Roselius, William Bertram and wife, and William Ahlers and wife.
Source: "History of Holt and Atchison County, 1882" transcribed by Karyn Techau, 2016.