The third ecclesiastical edifice built in Forest City was the Roman Catholic Church, near the northern extremity of Commercial Street. Its erection was superintended by the Rev. Father Welch, of St. Joseph, in 1869.
It is a frame building, completed at a cost of $1,500. The dedication sermon was preached to a large congregation by the Right Rev. Bishop Hogan, of St. Joseph. Rev. Father Baker is (1882) present minister.
Source: "History of Holt and Atchison County, 1882" transcribed by Karyn Techau, 2016.