On May 1, 1874, Samuel Robertson filed the plat of Berlin, locating the town on the southeast quarter of section 26, township 61, range 31 (west). Peter Cline, who had been in business (general merchandise) at Buhlville, as soon as the new town of Berlin was founded, moved his goods and house to that place and opened the first business house in Berlin. Samuel Levy and others soon followed. Berlin is located in the midst of a fine farming country, one mile north of the DeKalb County line. The population is 69.
History of Daviess and Gentry Counties, Missouri, Gentry County by R. M. McCammon and Mary McCammon Hillman, Historical Publishing Company, Topeka-Indianapolis 1922.