William Hudson, a time-honored farmer of Adams Township, was born in Wythe County, Va., on July 14, 1823. He is the son of Thomas and Nancy (Johnson) Hudson. The former was of English, and the latter of Irish descent, and both natives of Botetourt County, Va. They removed to Blount County, Tenn., in 1830, and ten years later immigrated to Missouri, and settled in Ray County, where the mother died soon after. The father died in 1846 in De Kalb County. He was an oldtime Whig. William was reared on the farm, and secured a practical education in his youth, which has since been improved by much reading and study. At seventeen years of age he came with his parents to Missouri, and in the fall of 1840 located in De Kalb County, where he has since resided, except two years that he spent in Gentry County. In the early part of 1856 he settled where he now resides, and since then he has been classed among the successful farmers of his county. He has 170 acres of good land. On August 19, 1845, he was united in marriage with Miss Martha L. Redman, who was born in Hardin County, Ky. Mr. and Mrs. Hudson have no children of their own, but have reared several orphan children. In his political views Mr. Hudson is a Democrat. He has been collector of Adams Township, and for the last thirty eight years he has at different times held the office of justice of the peace. His wife is a member of the Primitive Baptist Church.
Source: History of Andrew and DeKalb Counties, Missouri (Chicago: Goodspeed Publishing Company, 1888), pp. 567-568.