We will try to answer short emailed questions about families who lived in Andrew County from these books that we own or have access to.
PLEASE NOTE: When you make a request for a look-up, please put Andrew County, MO in the subject line of your request. With the mail volume that our look-up volunteers have, you help guarentee a reply when you identify Andrew County in your subject line, plus some clue about your question... "cemetery records", marriage records" etc. Thank you for your help.
- Join the MOAndrew-L email group to ask and answer area genealogy and history questions. Email MOANDREW-Lfirstname.lastname@example.org with the one-word message: subscribe
To send messages to the group, email them to MOANDREW-L@rootsweb.com
- LaDonna Baker, at email@example.com, is
willing to do Andrew County, Missouri look-ups in the following books:
- The Savannah Cemeteries, Vol. VII, March 1985
- Andrew County Missouri Marriage Records, 1856-1870
- Birth Records Andrew County Newspapers 1851-1899 (Not Complete)
- Andrew County Cemeteries Vol. IV (Nodaway and Benton Townships)
- Andrew County Cemeteries Vol. II (Jackson and Clay Townships)
LaDonna would appreciate it if the requester would put in the subject line which source the look-up is being requested for. Please be patient, it may take her several days to reply, depending on how many requests she receives. (added Apr 2, 2006; email updated 2-2007)
- Don Atwood, firstname.lastname@example.org, will look up info in the Whitesville cemetery, pre-1900. (Jan 2002)
- Letha Marie Mowry, email@example.com, or snail mail 417 S Walnut, Maryville MO 64468-2464. Letha researchs Nodaway, Andrew, Atchison & Holt Counties MO. (Sept 20 2000)
- Sandra Jones at SanSJo@aol.com, has a book called "Newspaper Gleanings of ANDREW COUNTY and Surrounding Area" by Dorothy McMackin. She would be glad to look up information in it. She is also able to do occasional census look-ups.
- Dorothy Hinkey at firstname.lastname@example.org also is willing to do look-ups in the book "Newspaper Gleanings of Andrew County and Surrounding Area." It covers Savannah, and surrounding area from the year 1876 through September 1900. It was published in 1986 by McMackin. (Aug 17 1999; 2001 update)
- Lisa Newton, at email@example.com, is willing to do lookups of people buried in the Long Branch Cemetery and Bennett Lane Cemetery. (Apr 3 1998; updated Oct 2002)
- Christine Talbot, at Familyrootn@aol.com, has a book that lists many families in the Rochester area and will do look ups for those interested. Also has a 3 volume book (over 2000 pages) called the "History of Northwest Missouri" published in 1915. (The only problem is that only about 10% of all names are indexed.) (updated Aug 25 2002; vol since Feb 21 1998)
- More info on Look Up volunteers and Census searches
- Roots Location List: Andrew Co, MO
If you also have access to resources about Andrew County genealogy, and would volunteer to look up short e-mailed requests for others, please email the info and you will be added to this page.